Back of Roxy's Boots
Front of Roxy's Boot
Well today I worked on my doll for Sherry Goshon's Roxanne Class. What a struggle. I had selected several colors and textures of ribbon for her legs and arms, however, she was having none of it. So I decided that I would rip up some muslim and scrim. Then I decided to dye it and use it to wrap, rather then the ribbon. I worked and felt right for my Roxy. If you remember the boots that I was working on, they are now painted and partially laced. I'm really liking them. Unfortunately, you can't see the way the Pearl Ex shimmers. i used the patina green and the pink. Although I painted the corset and torso with a gold metallic and added some of the pink pearl ex, I'm not sure that it still doesn't need some work. We'll see tomorrow, with new eyes. I still have quite a way to go. The fabric that I selected will not work now and so I will either have to dye something or find something else.
The heat from the mid west is supposed to be heading this way and so I may not get much done tomorrow. I am planning on starting early so the clay will cooperate. I'm really looking forward to her being. It has really be a joy watching her become. I also need to get back to my daughter's collage. Well, we can't rush these things. Hope you are all enjoying your summer and aren't to terribly uncomfortable.