A Gift for Big Brother


Recently I found a new product on the web that was just what I needed. I wanted to make a book for my grandson, who is 2, make sense out of the arrival of a baby brother. There are a number of children's books available (I purchased quite a few) as did other members of the family, but none were exactly what I was looking for. I wanted for him to be able to really see himself in it.

Most of the products I found to be too limiting. There was not enough variety in layout, not enough variety in background paper... I suppose I could have opted for some of the professional tools. But, since I was not looking to do mass production or publish for distribution to the masses, I didn't need the cost or time associated with a massive production project.

Inkubook fit the bill perfectly. Now I don't have any affiliation with this company. I did get a free promotional copy for trying it out and inviting a friend, but so did 100s of other folks. You might get one also if you find your way there soon.

Anyway. Take a look at what I got:








I was so pleased with how it turned out. Actually it is close to 30 pages. His father read it to him when we went to the hospital with him to meet his brother.
























If you are looking to create a special project that uses photographs to tell a story, consider using it. I must confess that it takes some time. But the results is well worth it.If you're interested here is the link. Inkubook

5 comments:

  1. That baby is so precious is the next post! Congratulations! I just hopped back over to say thank you for joining my tatting giveaway for OWOH! You left the sweetest comment. I'm glad you bookmarked me! I hope you come back and visit often and learn to tat!!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. P.S. In the comment you left for the OWOH entry you mentioned you were 229. I just wanted to let you know that because the blog comments are moderated there were some comments before yours and you actually ended up being 232! LOL! Maybe you don't even care, but in case you were counting on it I didn't want you to be disappointed if 229 won and it wasn't you! LOL! :) Good luck to comment #232 (you)!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. That's a fabulous idea. When my grandson was about to get a baby sister, the hospital promoted a program for him to go through and at the end he got a t-shirt saying, "I'm a big brother". Kids need something concrete to understand such an arrival.

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a fabulous idea! In a couple of years, he might be able to read it to his new baby brother, too. Congratulations on the new arrival! :-)

    And thanks for stopping by my blog during OWOH!

    ReplyDelete